Monday, February 1, 2016

Super Blueberry Coconut Bircher Muesli



I ordered "Blueberry Muesli" a few weeks ago when on holidays down in Newcastle and fell in love. Not sure if it was the vibrant colour, the natural sweet taste or the idea that it is actually good for me! As I sat next to Nathan eating Eggs Benedict, I was only slightly jealous - which is a first for me!

We got home and I decided to try to replicate this recipe for myself. It took 4 or 5 tries but I think I have a winner! All I knew for sure is that they soaked the oats in coconut water overnight, but the rest of the ingredients were a mystery. I thought this was a great idea since I had always used Milk in the past.

I will include a very basic 4 ingredient version... but try all the extras for a super charged breaky!

(by the way... is it called Bircher Muesli or Overnight Oats?? I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone know the difference?)



Ingredients: (serves 3)

1 cup unsweetened Coconut Water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
1 cup rolled oats

Optional:
1 tsp chia seeds
Handful fresh spinach

Garnish:
1 tbsp Coconut yogurt
1/2 banana cut up
a few blueberries to top (or any fruit available!)
a few mint leaves

Directions:

Mix Coconut Water, blueberries, banana, spinach and chia seeds in a blender. I used the Nutribullet and its the perfect size and way less to clean up!

Pour into bowl or jar and add rolled oats. Stir and set in fridge overnight.

Enjoy in the morning with yogurt and fresh fruit on top!






No comments:

Post a Comment