How cute are these???
My mom used to make chocolate clusters for the holidays every year. They were a huge hit with friends and family. So when I saw these cute Easter nests on Pinterest last year, I decided that I would make them for this Easter. This recipe is super easy and incredibly fast. I think the whole process took me about 20 minutes.
You can buy most of the ingredients at a bulk food store, which makes it very inexpensive.
- Dark chocolate chips and/or wafers
- Butterscotch chips
- Chow mein noodles
- Mini Eggs or Eggies
- Melt the dark chocolate chips with the butterscotch chips (either in microwave or double broiler) Use about 2:1 dark chocolate:butterscotch.
- Remove from heat
- Mix in chow mein noodles until covered
- Drop onto metal non stick baking sheet in small clusters
- Add 3 Mini Eggs to middle of each cluster
- Put baking sheet in fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from fridge and they should pop off baking sheet easily
- Keep in fridge to maintain shape