I have been playing with Turkey Burger and Turkey Meatball recipes for awhile now and I think I have found a pretty good one here! My brother and I made them for my parents last month and they were a big hit. She wrote me asking for the recipe yesterday, so here it is mom!
- 500g ground turkey or chicken
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Mrs.Dash
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- Garnish: avocado, tzatziki, grated carrots, pickles (if desired)
- Mix chia seeds with 1/4 cup water and let sit 10 minutes. It should form a gel-like substance that will act as the egg for keeping patties together.
- Mix all ingredients (except turkey) in large bowl and stir to combine
- Add turkey and combine
- Form into patties and place in fridge for 1 hour
- BBQ until cooked through
- Serve with whole wheat thin bun or on it's own with no bun.