Last weekend we took a road trip down the coast to a little town named Fingal. We spent a beautiful sunny morning at the beach, Nathan surfing and me running along the sand. After working up an appetite, we decided to hit up one of the charming little beach side cafe's on main street. I ordered an amazing meal of corn fritters and poached eggs. They were delicious... and when I saw quinoa patties on Pinterest the next day, I decided that I had to try them.
The base of these is quinoa, cauliflower, egg and almond flour. But you can substitute lots of different things in and they will still taste great! We had them with fried eggs and some drizzled balsamic vinaigrette. Let me know if you have any good additions to the recipe! Enjoy :)
- 1.5 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of cooked cauliflower (chopped small)
- 1/2 cup of almond flour (or breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 eggs (I used 2 egg whites and 1 full egg)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: serve with spinach, eggs, sprig of thyme and balsamic vinaigrette (see pic below)
Combine everything in large bowl. Add more almond flour/breadcrumbs if they aren't staying together properly.
Heat non stick frying pan to med heat. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil. Add in patties and cook each side until golden brown.