Earlier this year I discovered Almond Flour and have been loving using it in recipes. You can even make it yourself by throwing a handful of almonds in a food processor and processing until it becomes flour consistency.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (I used baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or substitute)
- 3 tbsps coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, choc chips, coconut, pecans, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in colour and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla. Add chia seeds if desired. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Shape dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten down slightly to form shape. Sprinkle a little bit of coconut and pecans on top of each.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, about 7-10 minutes.